Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sheridan Prayer Request March 26, 2010

Praises to our great God for a great night last Friday;

We were joined by two newcomers Paul and John.

There was a lot of agreement on how we often fall into a cycle of performance orientation, where are actions can be for the wrong reasons and those wrong reasons cause us to take our focus off Jesus.

Here are this week’s prayer request

Quincy – Hey, my name is Quincy and I would like for you to pray for me that Lord keep his hands on my life and to continue to watch over my family and children

Miguel – I need prayers for patience cause I’m dealing with a couple of people that are stubborn and don’t want to change their negative ways. Also that my daughter Delilah graduates the 8th grade on stage.

Michael – I would like you to pray for the two new guys that we have in the Bible study, that God guide them and that He will their hearts and stay with us.

John – Requesting prayer for strength to find God’s will in my life and requesting prayer for early release.

Paul – I owe my mother $5,000 I gave it to a lawyer and if she know she would likely disown me. She had bonded me out of jail. Soon she will find out and I don’t want to lose our relationship. I haven’t spoken to her in months because I’m scared to face her.

James – My name is James, please pray that I may gain some self control and be a doer of the word. Please pray that all believers can stand strong in faith in Jesus.

Sean – That God’s will be my will, That God continues to bless and keep and renew my family especially spiritually. That my salvation is secure in God. I love you Jesus.

The prayers these men request are about thing that are upmost in their hearts; family, children, patience, caring for others, strength, fear, self-control, knowing God’s word and His will. The circumstances may be different but they are just like the our prayers. We have another commonality, sin, different circumstances but all of us in need of a Savior.

Thanks for your prayers and words of encouragement, it truly means a lot to me and knowing the power of prayer I can only imagine how much it means to the Men of Sheridan.


Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord;

Scott Kalas

Soldiers of Christ Prison Ministries
www.soldiers-of-Christ.org

Connecting prison ministries and institutions to serve the incarcerated and formerly incarcerated for the Glory of Jesus Christ

U.S. Mail
Soldiers Of Christ Prison Ministries
P.O. Box 671
Cortland, IL 60112-0671

No comments:

Post a Comment