Monday, April 26, 2010

Sheridan Prayer Request April 23, 2010

Greetings of great joy!!

God’s glory truly shined Friday from Quincy’s glowing smile as he shared his court date on April 16 regarding custody of his son went very well. As I understand it no final ruling from the Judge but per Quincy even the States Attorney was behind Quincy as they talked to the Judge. He has another court date in May when I believe the Judge will give his ruling. Quincy gives thanks for your prayers as you’ll read but I can’t help not stand behind Quincy jumping with joy as I say thanks to you for your prayer and praises to our God for His answers to those prayers.

Quincy – Hey my name is Quincy and I would like to thank you guys for praying for me and my son’s situation with court. Things went so well for us even when I give up on myself you guys in the Lord was with me in prayer. Thank you guys God Bless you Quincy – Amen

Michael – Please pray that I will get a good job that will pay $30.00, but first pray for yourself and everybody in this world, then pray for me.

James – My names is James, please pray for me that I continue to grow mentally and spiritually. Also pray for the people who are given up during up during hard times.

Sean – That my mom receive spiritual, mental and physical peace given by God my Father and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That God’s will be done in my life forever, here in prison and the outside of prison. Thank you Jesus

John – Requesting prayer to continue with desire to successfully complete this drug and alcohol program. I’m having a very hard time with the first program in all my life and don’t like opening up to others in my group.

Miguel missed but he told the rest of the class he had other mattes to attend to but will be back next Friday.

It truly was a fun time last Friday, the guys pulled a little gag on me (I fell for it), we talked about how to celebrate in our last class come June 25, it continues to be a joyful blessing to be used by God in these men’s lives. My prayer is that I have submitted an application to the North American Mission Board of Southern Baptist Convention and will be meeting Monday with some staff members from Navigators. In both matters I and Michelle are seeking God’s will and open doors for my taking prison ministry to be a vocational one. Please pray for us to clearly see God’s will above my heart’s desire.

Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord;

Scott Kalas
scott@socpm.org
Soldiers of Christ Prison Ministries
http://www.soldiers-of-christ.org/

Connecting prison ministries and institutions to serve the incarcerated and formerly incarcerated for the Glory of Jesus Christ

U.S. Mail
Soldiers Of Christ Prison Ministries
P.O. Box 671
Cortland, IL 60112-0671

No comments:

Post a Comment